Enforcement of Shariah Rules
In the Name of Allāh,
the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful
Praise is due to Allāh, Lord of the worlds, may the blessings and peace be upon our master Muḥammad, the last of prophets, on his family, and all his companions.
Resolution No. 48 (10/5) Enforcement of Shariah Rules
The Council of the International Islamic Fiqh Academy of the Organization of the Islamic Conference, holding its 5th session in Kuwait City, State of Kuwait, on 1–6 Jumādā al-Ūlā 1409h (10–15 December 1988),
Having examined the research papers of the Academy’s members and experts concerning the Enforcement of Shariah Rules,
Having listened to the discussions on the subject,
Having recalled that the International Islamic Fiqh Academy was estab- lished as a result of the benevolent will of the 3rd Islamic Summit Conference held in Makkah al-Mukarramah, to find Shariah-based solutions to the prob- lems of the Ummah, to comply Muslim life with Shariah principles and values, to remove the obstacles hindering the enforcement of the divine law, and en- sure the necessary conditions for its application in order to sanctify hakimiyyah (supreme authority of Allāh), and translate into reality the primacy of Shariah, to put an end to the hostilities existing between some Muslim leaders and their people, to eliminate sources of tension, contradictions and conflict within their countries and bring about peace and security in Muslim countries,
First: The primary duty of the person in charge of Muslims affairs is to en- force Shariah.
Second: Urging the governments of all Muslim countries to implement Shariah and comply fully, entirely, and lastly to it in all fields of life.
Third: Calling upon all Muslim as individuals, communities, peoples, or states to abide by teachings of Islam and apply divine laws, considering that this religion is all in one, a belief system, a legal system, a code of conduct, and way of life.
- The Academy should continue research and comprehensive studies on various aspects of the implementation of Shariah and ensure following-up
the existing efforts in this regard in Muslim countries.
- To ensure the coordination between the Academy and other scientific institutions entrusted with the implementation of Shariah and involved in developing plans, ways and means of removing the obstacles hindering the application of Shariah in Muslim countries.
- To compile Islamic model laws elaborated in different Muslim countries in order to analyze them and benefit from them.
- To urge for the reform of education programs and various communication means in order to mobilize them to contribute towards the enforcement of Shariah and the training of a new Muslim generation devoted to divine laws.
- To expand the scope of training students and graduates such as judges, prosecutors, and lawyers, in order to prepare adequate human resources for the application of Shariah.
Indeed, Allāh is the Giver of success