80th Weekly Meeting of Department Directors
His Excellency Prof. Koutoub Moustapha Sano, Secretary General of the International Islamic Fiqh Academy (IIFA), chaired the eightieth weekly meeting of directors of departments, on Wednesday, 09 Dhu al-Qa’dah, 1443H, corresponding to 08 June 2022G, at the headquarters of the General Secretariat in Jeddah.
At the beginning of the meeting, His Excellency welcomed the attendees and thanked them for participating in the meeting, re-emphasizing the importance of these meetings during which discussions are held on various issues of the Academy in order to make decisions about them. Then His Excellency spoke about the recent arrangements for holding a symposium on Stunning Poultry to be held with the Food and Drug Authority (FDA) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the period between 13-14 June 2022G corresponding to 14-15 Dhu al-Qa`dah 1443H, stressing the importance of good preparation for the symposium by reviewing all issues and questions related to it, and the importance of cooperation and coordination between all committees and departments to ensure its smooth running and success.
The meeting then discussed the items of decisions issued by the previous meeting, and issued several decisions, the most important of which are:
- Inviting His Excellency the Director of the Department of Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities in Dubai and the Director of the University of Sharjah to participate in the symposium in order to activate the memoranda of cooperation signed with them.
- Collaboration and contracting directly with translators from the OIC for the Stunning Poultry symposium.
Preparing contract clauses for printing the Academy’s journal and considering the remarks made upon reviewing the new version by Mufakirun Press House, while emphasizing the principle of auditing and reviewing for external auditors.
- Approval of the allocated budget that was prepared for the Stunning Poultry symposium, which includes: entitlement of researchers to the symposium, media coverage, drivers… and other items that the FDA will not cover, from the items of scientific activities mentioned in the Academy’s budget.
- Sending the final list of participants in the symposium to the branch of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Makkah region to be approved.
- Allocating two separate mobile phone lines to be used during the scientific activities and programs held by the Academy to communicate with the participants in those activities.