His Excellency Prof. Koutoub Moustapha Sano, Secretary General of the International Islamic Fiqh Academy (IIFA), chaired the fifty-fourth weekly meeting of the directors of the Academy’s departments on Sunday, 16 Rabi’ al-Thani 1443H, corresponding to 21 November 2021G, at the headquarters of the Secretariat General in Jeddah.
His Excellency opened the meeting by welcoming the attendees, expressing his thanks to all employees for their valuable and commendable contributions in issuing the twelfth issue of the Academy’s monthly newsletter, praising the qualitative developments that the newsletter has known during a whole year, which would not have been achieved without the efforts of those in charge of it, noting in the meantime the importance of the newsletter as a mirror of the Academy and a link between the general secretariat of the Academy and its members and experts, through which they can follow up on the activities, programs and projects of the Academy on a regular and continuous basis, and in addition to that it represents a secure record of the Academy’s activities and programs.
Then His Excellency spoke about the need to develop an integrated plan for holding the twenty-fifth Annual Session of the Academy during the first quarter of next year. His Excellency stressed the importance of starting the preparations for organizing the Session in strategic partnership with a number of scientific and financial institutions with which the Secretariat General of the Academy signed cooperation agreements. On this occasion, His Excellency stressed that the priority remains always to organize the Session in partnership with Member States, and in case this is not possible, it is necessary to search for strategic partners from the private sector, to ensure that the Session is held each year.
Then the meeting discussed the items of the decisions issued by the previous meeting, and the follow-up of what has been achieved. Several decisions were issued by the meeting, the most important of which are:
- Expedite the completion of the draft recommendations of the symposium on Digital Cryptocurrencies in order to present them to the participants as soon as possible to obtain their opinion on them before adopting them.
- Starting to write to presenters for research submitted to the twenty-fifth Session of the Academy, in order to save time and shorten the times of sessions.
- Preparing detailed and periodic reports from all the Academy’s departments on the tasks entrusted to them in organizing the twenty-fifth Session of the Academy.
- Preparing an integrated plan for a specialized scientific symposium on “Wills as an effective economic tool to combat poverty in societies”, which will be held in partnership with the Department of Islamic Affairs and Charitable Activities in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Designing and printing the issues of the Academy’s newsletter combined in the form of a booklet comprising all the issues of the past twelve months.