His Excellency Professor Koutoub Moustapha Sano, Secretary General of the International Islamic Fiqh Academy (IIFA), chaired the eighth joint weekly meeting of the departments and divisions of the Academy, on Tuesday 02 Rajab 1444H corresponding to 24 January 2023G, at the headquarters of the Academy’s General Secretariat in Jeddah.
His Excellency opened the meeting by welcoming everyone, thanking them for their good cooperation and dedication in performing their duties, praising especially all the colleagues who worked over the weekend to fulfill the work requirements within the specified deadlines. His Excellency stressed the need for all employees to show a spirit of dedication to work and great care for the higher interest of the Academy in order to implement all the plans and programs that were developed in advance to serve the Muslim Ummah.
This was followed by a review by the committees of their weekly reports on the work they carried out during the last week, and the difficulties and obstacles they encountered that prevented the realization of some activities and programs. In this context, His Excellency called on the chairmen of the committees and all the managers for more cooperation and coordination among them, and for more flexibility in communication between the employees in order to overcome all bureaucratic obstacles that prevent achieving the desired results within the expected deadlines.
Then the meeting discussed the items of the decisions issued by the previous meeting, and several new decisions were issued, the most important of which are:
- Establishing a comprehensive database of male and female researchers participating in the Session, classified by country, and including all necessary information about them in the 25th Session of the Academy.
- Start communicating with the participants who have obtained their visas and tickets in order to ensure their participation, as of next week.
- Arranging a meeting for the Board of Trustees of the Academy’s Waqf Fund before the Session.
- Designing the next issue of the Academy’s monthly newsletter in line with the theme of the Session in terms of form and content.
- Final review of draft resolutions and addition of seminar recommendations to them before the end of January.