In the Name of Allāh,
the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful
Praise is due to Allāh, Lord of the worlds, may the blessings and peace be upon our master Muḥammad, the last of prophets, on his family, and all his companions.
Resolution No. 128 (2/14) Humans Rights and International Violence
The Council of the International Islamic Fiqh Academy of the Organization of the Islamic Conference, holding its 14th session in Doha, State of Qatar,on 7–13 Dhū al-Qi’dah 1423h (11–16 January 2003),
Having examined the research papers submitted to the Academy concerning
Human Rights and International Violence,
Having listened to the discussions on the subject,
- Islam confers honor upon a human as a human being and takes care of confirming and protecting his rights and The Islamic Fiqh is the first jurisprudence in the world to present a complete set of local and international legislations on human relations in times of peace and war.
- Terrorism refers to aggression, scaring, or physical/psychological threaten- ing, unlawfully inflicted by an individual, a group of people or a state on a person in his/her life, faith, dignity, mind or property in any form and with no right; it is a form of corruption or misdeed on the
- The Academy affirms that jihād and martyrdom for the sake of furthering and defending the Islamic faith and protecting one’s homeland is not terrorism but an act of defending fundamental Therefore it is the right of the helpless nations subject to occupation to seek every possible means for regaining their freedom.
- It should be noted that concepts like jihad, terrorism, and violence, which are now widely used in the media, are specific terms; none of them should be used out of its appropriate context.
- As regards Shariah ruling on the act of plunging oneself into the enemy – martyrdom operations – the Council resolved to postpone the subject to a forthcoming session to be separately researched.
- Preparing an Islamic written code on International Human Law, similar to the familiar legal codes, and translated into major languages. This Islamic Code should be made available in university libraries and in the libraries of the institutions of the United Nations. This is far better than repeating that Islam has nothing to do with terrorism and is more suita- ble for portraying the clear standpoint of Islam to non-Muslims.
- Establishing a committee of knowledgeable persons to prepare an Islamic Charter that clearly articulates the Islamic viewpoint on the relationships with non-Muslims. This charter should also be translated into major lan- guages and published through different media This is the way to refute false accusations and show the essence of Islam to non-Muslims.
Indeed, Allāh is All-Knowing.