In the context of seeking to enhance collective work between the Academy’s Departments and to continue coordination and consultation on various issues in order to take appropriate decisions regarding them, the General Secretariat of the International Islamic Fiqh Academy (IIFA) held its seventy-fifth weekly meeting for the directors of the departments on the 24 Ramadan 1443H corresponding to 25 April 2022G at the headquarters of the General Secretariat in Jeddah.
The meeting was chaired by His Excellency Prof. Koutoub Moustapha Sano, Secretary General of the Academy. He opened the meeting by welcoming the attendees, thanking them for their regular attendance and participation in these meetings. Then His Excellency congratulated everyone on the occasion of the approaching Eid al-Fitr, asking God to accept fasting, prayers, and good deeds from everyone, and to return it on us and the Muslim Ummah with grace and blessings, and grant our Ummah security and prosperity.
Then His Excellency spoke about the diligent preparations by all departments to hold the symposium on stunning poultry and animals, which is scheduled to be held next June.
His Excellency also touched on the subject of the Academy’s five-year strategic plan and called on all directors to review the plan with their subordinates and work to implement all its articles in order to ensure the completion of all projects and programs of the Academy as agreed and stated in the plan.
The meeting then discussed the items of decisions issued by the previous meeting, and several new decisions were issued, the most important of which are:
- Activating the committees responsible for the symposium on stunning birds and animals in order to coordinate and prepare well for it.
- Inviting additional scholars and experts to the stunning birds and animals symposium in order to enrich the discussion and enhance the value of the symposium locally and internationally.
- Preparing a detailed quarterly report from each department on the accomplished activities and programs in accordance with the Academy’s strategic plan.
- Preparing a detailed report and a clear vision on the annual evaluation of employees of all levels and presenting it to the next meeting for consideration and discussion.
- Cooperating with the strategic partners of the Academy in West Africa to distribute the books and publications of the Academy in the local languages of the West African region.