81st Weekly Meeting of Department Directors
His Excellency Prof. Koutoub Moustapha Sano, Secretary General of the International Islamic Fiqh Academy (IIFA), chaired the 81st weekly meeting of the directors of departments, on Thursday 17 Dhul Qi’dah 1443H corresponding to 16 June 2022G, at the headquarters of the General Secretariat in Jeddah.
At the beginning of the meeting, His Excellency welcomed the directors and thanked them for attending, re-emphasizing the importance of these meetings during which various issues of the Academy are discussed and decisions are made. Then His Excellency congratulated everyone on the successful convening of the symposium on “stunning poultry and animals before slaughtering them and its impact on the legitimacy of slaughter”, which was held by the Academy and the Food and Drug Authority in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in the period between 14-15 Dhu al-Qi’dah 1443H corresponding to 13-14 June 2022G, explaining that it achieved the basic objectives for which it was held, which is considered one of the important symposiums related to the halal industry in Muslim countries and Muslim Communities. His Excellency also indicated to the Academy’s ambition to hold more conferences in this field, especially as it revolves around important issues in the halal industry in Muslim communities, which is called for by the urgent need to address such issues and intensify efforts and support them.
Then His Excellency spoke about his upcoming visit to Afghanistan with a delegation of scholars and the General Secretariat of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) in order to discuss many issues, especially women’s issues and their work, role and participation in construction efforts.
The meeting discussed the items of decisions issued by the previous meeting, and issued several new decisions, the most important of which are:
- Organizing a symposium in Pakistan on the phenomenon of Islamophobia after reviewing the resolutions of the Academy in its regard and extracting action programs from it.
- Sending a letter of thanks and appreciation to His Excellency the CEO of the Food and Drug Authority for the distinguished strategic partnership in holding the symposium.
- Sending a letter of thanks and appreciation to all researchers and participants in the Stunning Poultry Symposium.
- Sending a letter of thanks and appreciation to His Excellency the Director General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs branch in Mecca Region for the distinguished facilities provided by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to the guests participating in the symposium.
- Allocating two telephones with separate numbers to be used in scientific activities and programs held by the Academy to communicate through them with the participants in those activities.