82nd Weekly Meeting of Department Directors
His Excellency Prof. Koutoub Moustapha Sano, Secretary General of the International Islamic Fiqh Academy (IIFA), presided over the eighty-second weekly meeting of the departments on Monday, 20 Dhu al-Qi’dah, 1443H, corresponding to 19 June 2022G, at the headquarters of the General Secretariat in Jeddah.
At the beginning of the meeting, His Excellency welcomed the directors and thanked them for their attendance, stressing that this meeting will be a special one for evaluating the last scientific symposium organized by the General Secretariat of the Academy on “stunning poultry and animals before slaughtering and its impact on the legitimacy of the slaughter” during the period between 14-15 Dhu al-Qi’dah 1443H corresponding to 13 -14 June 2022G. His Excellency congratulated everyone on the success of the symposium and on achieving the basic objectives for which it was held and stressing that this clear success does not prevent a comprehensive evaluation of all issues and questions related to planning, organization and implementation, in the hope of avoiding the gaps and mistakes that occurred in the upcoming symposiums and conferences, especially the upcoming twenty-fifth Annual Session of the Academy.
His Excellency then briefed the attendees on the mid-year report on the strategic plan prepared by the Planning Department based on the reports submitted by each department, the performance indicators in the plan, and the activities that the Academy decided to hold in the first half of the year 2022, i.e. from January to June. It was decided that everyone should read it in detail, to find out the activities and programs that were supposed to be implemented, as well as deliberation about what has been accomplished and implemented, provided that deliberations take place in an ad hoc session.
After extensive discussions, decisions were issued by the meeting, the most important of which are:
- The necessity of adjusting the topics of each scientific symposium, with an emphasis on informing the research contributors not to deviate from it and ensuring the seriousness of the submitted research.
- Assigning a dedicated full-time employee to follow up on the issue of tickets and visas in subsequent events.
- Immediately start coordinating and reviewing the research papers of the twenty-fifth session.
- Approval of the scientific committee for the seminars, consisting of: Dr. Abdel Qahir Qamar, Dr. Muhammad Shuaib, Dr. Ismail Jibaji, Dr. Abdelfattah Abnauf, Dr. Mohamed Lamine Silla, and Mr. Walid Al-Hadhrami.
- Inviting the new institutions with which a memorandum of cooperation was recently signed by the Planning Department to participate with research papers and asking them to nominate researchers they consider suitable to participate in the next session.