His Excellency Prof. Koutoub Moustapha Sano, Secretary General of the International Islamic Fiqh Academy (IIFA), chaired the fourth joint weekly meeting of the departments and divisions of the Academy, on Monday 02 Jumada II 1444H corresponding to 26 December 2022G, at the headquarters of the General Secretariat of the Academy in Jeddah.
His Excellency opened the meeting by welcoming the attendees and thanking them for their active participation in the regular meetings of the Academy, praising in particular the efforts made by the Research Review Committee and the Printing Committee, formed to handle the work of the 25th Session, which completed its duties recently. He also thanked Dr. Ismail Cebeci, Head of the Encyclopedias and Dictionaries Division for completing his work on assembling the book of members of the Academy.
His Excellency also briefed the meeting on the issuance of the final approval of the Emirate of Makkah Al-Moukarrama for the date of the Session from 19 to 25 February 2023G in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. In light of this decision, His Excellency directed the establishment of eight specialized committees to undertake all the requirements of the Session, defined the tasks of each committee, and appointed a chairperson and members for each one of them and urged everyone to cooperate and coordinate on a regular basis to ensure the success of the Session.
Then the meeting discussed the items of the decisions issued by the previous meeting, and several new decisions were issued, the most important of which are:
- Adopting the date of 19 to 25 February 2023G, as the official date for holding the Academy’s Session.
- Establishment of eight specialized committees to handle all the work of the Session until its completion.
- Asking the committees to submit daily reports on the progress of their work.
- Start addressing dignitaries to attend the opening ceremony of the Session.
- Translating the Session’s brochure into English and French in order to distribute it to the attendees during the Session.